Academic Resource Room
Holy Trinity Catholic School works closely with students and their families to accommodate students with diagnosed learning differences. The school offers the Take Flight program for dyslexia to students in the elementary grades and may also provide accommodations to students in the classroom.
Students may have an accommodation plan agreed to by the learning specialist, classroom teachers, parents, and student to determine what accommodations are appropriate for the student and the school.
Students are considered for accommodation plans if the following requirements have been met:
- The student must have an educational diagnosis that directly affects their ability to learn.
- The student must have been evaluated by a professional qualified to make the diagnosis.
- The evaluation must be current.
- The full report must be submitted to the learning specialist.
Additionally, the report must include the following:
- A clear description of the diagnosis.
- Scores from measures of cognitive functioning, academic achievement, and information processing which support the diagnosis.
- Specific recommendations for appropriate accommodations.
The school offers accommodations that do not alter the curriculum. It does not offer modification plans.